When I get back to work on Monday and people ask me, "Did you have a nice vacation?," I haven't decided yet if I will lie and say, "It was nice" just to avoid a conversation, or tell the truth.
Okay, it's not that it's been AWFUL awful...just that it's been, eh.
First off, now that we're here, I'm thinking, WHY are we here? We live at the beach, so why do we need to vacation at the beach, especially when it's a 7-9 hour drive from home?
Secondly, we are here in a house with some people that we don't even know! It's my husband and children, my sister in law, her boyfriend and his two teenage children, his sister, and his mother, along with my sister in law's best friend and her son. They are not bad people, but my sister in law's boyfriend's mom smokes -- enough said.
Third, I have been stuck inside 99% of the time. For one thing, S. is really too small to be out in the heat for too long, even under a tent. To make things worse, I'm on doxycycline for perioral dermatitis that I got from toothpaste (another story for another day), so I can't be out in the sun. The one hour that I spent in the pool during the day, I ended up nauseous and in bed early.
So, I've spent my days doing what I would do at home...laundry, dishes, take care of the baby, comb the internet, play on Facebook, clean up dirty diapers and spit-up, etc. The only difference is that my husband is spending the day on the beach all day with J. and I am just a little bit jealous because of it.
It's not all bad...don't get me wrong. But for the most part, I just wish we'd saved our money and gone someplace where we could have enjoyed doing things together.
Wednesday, August 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment