Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Unauthorized stress

So, I'm supposed to be relaxing. No stress, and all of that. Today, that was not happening. My sister called me late last night to let me know that my dad was taking my mom to the ER. He finally called me at 2 in the morning to let me know that she had been admitted.

They initially thought she may be having a heart attack because she had numbness on one side and chest pain. We now know that isn't the case, thankfully. Her blood pressure though was around 213/111, which is crazy high. Scary.

They ran a ton of tests on her today and finally released her after her stress test came back normal. It turns out that she has a leaky heart valve, and that may have been what caused her blood pressure to spike.

I am grateful that she is home, and seems to be okay. The thought of anything happening to her, I just don't know what I would do.

Now, to focus on the task at hand...making a baby!

No comments: