Sunday, January 27, 2008

Things to blog about...

So here, I thought I would have so much more time to blog once my crazy semester was over, and then another crazy semester comes along. We had a staff member leave with very little notice at the beginning of the year, and it's been chaos ever since at work. Not to mention that class started back for me - it just doesn't seem to stop. It will get crazier in about a month when my boss goes on maternity leave and I have to step up and take charge while trying to study for my comprehensive exam so that I can graduate. But by May, hopefully things will be somewhat normal. By then, I pray I will have a piece of paper in hand that says I don't ever have to take another class again if I don't want to. Then all will be right with the world. Or so I hope.

Seriously, every morning while I am in the shower, I think of all of the things I could blog about that I don't have time to blog about...

...like how my 27-year old cousin, Joe, died earlier this month from an accidental prescription drug overdose...

...or how I'm almost down to my goal weight thanks to the medication my doctor precribed me for headaches (Topamax)...

...or maybe how I got a surprise raise this past week, which finally puts me at a competitive salary -- great because we need the money, but bad, because it's too much to ever really be able to do away with (which pretty much scraps the idea of me ever being able to be a stay-home-mom)...

...or how thanks to said-raise, I finally treated myself for the first time in several years to a new Coach bag...

...or how excited I am to get to spend time with my girlfriends next weekend (or how badly I need the break)...

...or how we have dropped the price of our house by over $70K and it STILL hasn't sold!!!

There are probably a million other things I can think of to blog about, but J. just woke up from his nap, it's 3pm and I am still in my pajamas, so I guess I better get moving.

5 comments:

Melody said...

Ouch. I was just thinking about your house the other day. I was hoping since I hadn't heard anything that it had sold awhile ago and I just missed it.

Have I asked you yet if you have tried the St. Joseph method?

It (or something) has worked twice for me. Never know.

MysteryGirl said...

I was wondering about your house too! I can't believe you still have it. I really wish we could have moved to FL instead of CA because we probably could have taken it off your hands.

A. Gator said...

MK - Yeah, we tried the St. Joseph thing back in May. No luck. :(

MG - Me too, for more reasons than that!

xoxo

MysteryGirl said...

awwww..thanks! I wish I could join you girls there. Keep praying, there's always next year.

Anonymous said...

i am really sorry that you still haven't sold your house. it must be murder on you guys paying for both mortgages. at least you're still the prettiest girl i know! and congrats on getting down to your goal weight. care to send me some of your meds?!?! LOL!