to be the spouse of someone I know.
On Monday evening, I got an email from one of my colleagues in Arizona saying that his wife died in her sleep. They are looking into why it happened.
On Wednesday morning, I got an email from my friend, Angie. Her husband had died in his sleep on Monday. She said she won't know what happened to him for at least 6-8 weeks because the Medical Examiner's office is so backed up in Palm Beach County.
On Thursday, I found out that a former colleague's wife had died the day before. She was mentally ill and people speculated that she overdosed on something.
I guess the only good thing is that bad things tend to happen in 3's...that means anyone else I know is probably off the hook.
Saturday, October 28, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
wow- that is insane for that to happen all in one week with people you know.
No kidding! I was starting to wonder if there was some kind of crazy plague or strange phenomena taking place!
that is just odd! well, just for the record... Ben and I are both alive and kickin'.
i hope that there isn't some new, silent virus out there. weird...very weird.
love ya!
xoxo
I'm so sorry. What a shock all around.
M - no, I've heard speculation that two of the three suffered from either a pulmonary embolism or an aneurysm. Both were in their mid-late 40's, overweight and unhealthy. One was morbidly obese and the other used to be but lost a ton of weight (was still overweight though).
The other one, well, there's a good chance she did that to herself.
So sorry for you and your friends' losses.
I believe in the 3's thing as well and I believe I can speak for all of us by saying....whew!
Post a Comment