Thursday, June 15, 2006

FINALLY!!!!!

I wept tears of joy and elation at the doctor's office today. She took one look at me and said, "Do you want to have this baby tomorrow?!?"

I swear, it was better than Christmas.

We are going to the hospital at 5am for an induction. She said that considering the condition of my cervix (from hell), it should take about 12 hours. That's just fine with me. Just to know that this is actually going to happen and that in 24 hours (or slightly longer) I'll be holding my baby boy for the first time, I'm feeling SO much better!

I'll be calling Cory when the baby comes...since she's such a wonderful person and one of my bestest friends in the whole wide world, I'm sure she wouldn't mind posting the news in the comments when she gets the call. She's cool like that.

I'll be back when all is said and done to share the gory details, but for now all I can say is "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO F'IN HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

15 comments:

Christine said...

Praise the Lord! Thank you God for putting poor Alicia out of her misery!!! I am sooooo excited it's all i can think about!!!!

Becky said...

YAY!!!!

MysteryGirl said...

I was going to email you this morning and tell you that I really felt like 6/16 was going to be it! But then I forgot. Now I'm so excited!!

portuguesa nova said...

Good luck!!!

Anonymous said...

WOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Cory said...

Good luck!

A. Gator said...

Thanks, everyone!!!!

xoxo

Christine said...

WHOOOOOOO-HOOOO! We have a baby boy!!! Little Jake was born last night at 9:54pm!!! I don't have any details (weight, length)...just heard a few minutes ago that last night was the big night! I'm calling Alicia now so I'll report back if I hear anything.

Welcome little Jake! We are so glad you are here! xoxoxoxo!

Becky said...

I'm so glad he's here! It was funny, I remembered your iPod list and you had "let's hear it for the boy" on there and that song was playing on the radio last night when I was driving home. I thought of you and hoped that you were holding Jake at that time, and you probably were- considering it was past 10pm when I heard it!

Anonymous said...

6/16/06..... that's got a nice ring to it. well done, Jake!

Alicia, this moment was a long time coming. I remember 2 and a half years ago when you told me you were wanting to have start your family and I've been strapped in and on the roller coaster ride with you ever since.

I am overjoyed for you. You and Stephen deserve this next chapter of your life.

Lots & lots of love!!
xoxo

Anonymous said...

YAY!!!! Welcome to the world, little guy!! Your momma and daddy waited so long for you (especially the last month -- ha ha)!! I'm sure you three will be a very happy little family!

*hugs*

Fightin' Mad Mary said...

Congrats Lukewarm Mama!! Let's get some more details and photos please.

MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

Just stopped by your blog for the first time ever--congrats new mommy!

Ready for another? LOL

MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

Oh Wow, and I just realized you link to me! THanks so much! I will be checking back to see how motherhood is treating you!

Be well!

mainely stitching said...

Can't wait to see pics of the bouncing baby boy!